It’s engagement season! The space between the beginning of November and the end of January always yields an influx of engagement announcements on your Facebook/Instagram/Twitter feeds. Why? Because a lot of people love being able to propose to their darling while surrounded by friends and family. Since our families live pretty far away, we totally get it.
Today, we are focusing on holiday-based engagement photo shoots. If you have already gotten engaged over Thanksgiving or are planning/expecting to pop the question (or have it popped to you), a holiday engagement shoot is the perfect way. We’ve gathered our favorites below:
- Cozy Christmas Tree Farm Anniversary Shoot by Jamison Elizabeth Photography. There are loads of examples of tree farm shoots on Pinterest. You can personalize it to make it your own. If you’re really organized, take your tree home in the same afternoon. Win-win!
- Better Than Fine. This couple used potato flakes to make snow. This is a great idea for those of you in the southern regions who want snow, but can’t wish hard enough to make it happen. Bring a sidekick to make snow happen so the photographer can focus on the shots.
- Happy First Christmas Together. This is another shot that’s all over Pinterest. The mistletoe *makes* this shot.
- 30 Ways to Work Winter into Your Engagement Shoot. This article contains a huge collection of ideas to chose from. We love this idea, specifically. It’s a little understated, and a whole lot of perfection.
- Holiday Inspired Engagement Photos. Another article featuring a collection of ideas. This image struck us. They’re both relaxed and happy, not overly goopy — it’s perfect for a Christmas card/engagement announcement.
- Christmas Proposal Shoot. This one is for the planners. If you are planning a proposal on Christmas for your honey, hire a friend or family member to take the “official” pictures. If you can lead your intended up to this point without arousing suspicion, then you are the ultimate master/mistress.
- Festive Styled Wedding in the Winter Woods with a Corgi in a Holiday Sweater. Aside from the very specific title, we loved this because it involves pets! If you have a furbaby, you can include them, too. You are family, after all.
- You’re Engaged! Now What? 9 Things To Do Once He Proposes. This is a cool shot, but more importantly, this article will help you with planning AFTER you’re engaged. The pictures are a great inspiration, too.
- Nighttime Engagement Session in St. Paul. This is a super sweet photo shoot from a different perspective — after dark! Take advantage of all of the lights in your neighborhood or at local parks for a shoot like this.
What are your ideas for a winter engagement shoot? Have you had one already? Let us know in the comments!
Feature image via Story Mix Media