Tackling your wedding registry can be the most fun, or the most frustrating, task you have as a couple. Obviously, you don’t want to leave just one of you in charge of building the registry, since your tastes may differ and the unboxing process might get a little hairy when everything comes out in lovely flowery patterns. Or Mustang red. Choose your poison.
Our best advice here is definitely to have a go at it together. Where do your tastes mesh? How can you reach a compromise to find items you both like? Is there anything either of you is completely unwilling to give up?
With all of that in mind, we wanted to source some great web sites to help you get through the process with as few ruffled feathers as possible:
- A comprehensive list of do’s and don’ts from RealSimple.com
- This spring inspired list from StyleMePretty.com
- The registry gifts we still use 10 years later from TheKitchn.com
- 11 alternative registry items from BrideNH.com
- Everything you need to register for from Brides.com
- 50 best registry items for every price range from TheKnot.com
With these lists, and practicing the teamwork that will take you through the rest of your married life, you’ll have your registry together in no time!